Tips for Promoting your Small Business on Social Media
The digital world is thriving, and social media has been a primary advantage for every business’ marketing strategy. Whether or not you’re a small business, you need to be on social media.
Social media is one of the most significant aspects of digital marketing. You can quickly promote your brand, products, and services. Also, by using social media for your business, you can grow a loyal following, interact with future and current customers, and generate conversions.
As a small business, social media marketing can be overwhelming. Luckily for you, you can implement proven useful tips to achieve your business’s social media success.
1. Choose the Right Social Media Platform
Social media is a vast market, and choosing the right platform for your business can be challenging. But, it’s worth the effort you put in if you focus on your marketing goals. The best thing to consider is to start with one account first, be sure to keep in mind where your target audience spends their time. Then you can build up your brand voice and trust before you hop on the other social platforms. Not sure where to start? Below are some of the social media platforms you could quickly sign up on to promote your business.
- Facebook: Perfect for small business owners, Facebook is a great platform to connect to a diverse audience in various niches. In promoting your business on Facebook, you can share different content such as infographics, videos, inspirational quotes, and snippets from your blog or website.
- Instagram: If you prefer more visual content, Instagram would be the best choice. Entrepreneurs and influencers use it to grow their following by interacting with posts, polls, and appealing stories. Also, Instagram has a Shoppable Posts feature that you can use to sell your products.
- Twitter: Ideal for sharing news and information. Twitter allows you to communicate with your fans and customers easily. It’s also a great way to grow your business and reach a broad scale audience.
- Pinterest: A great source of organic traffic, Pinterest is also a visual search engine and is perfect for visual offerings. In using Pinterest, you want your graphics to be appealing to reach more clicks. To do this, you can use Canva in editing your images and make sure to link it back to your website to gain more traffic.
- LinkedIn: Best for B2B, LinkedIn is where most professionals hang out. It has the same features as Facebook, though it’s presented more formally. An effective way of posting on LinkedIn is sharing long-form content such as industry news, research, and company updates.
- Youtube: One of the leading platforms and 3rd most visited website worldwide, according to Grow. Youtube is perfect for expanding your business using content-rich videos to grow your brand and reach more audiences.
- Tiktok: Known for its new marketing techniques using innovative videos and hashtag challenges, Tiktok is not just exclusively for entertainment. It can be a great choice to promote your business and grow your brand awareness. For practical use, you can join in related communities by creating user-generated content.
2. Be Consistent With Your Brand
When you’re posting content on your business page, you want to make sure that it aligns with your branding strategy. The design, fonts, specific colors, and inspirational thoughts are a great way to represent your brand. You don’t want to post silly memes and unrelated topics that will confuse your audience.
3. Visualize Your Ideas
Using visuals in your content is essential to draw attention, improve engagement, and stand out. As I’ve mentioned before, Canva is one of the best free tools you can use to create appealing graphics and images, even if you’re not a pro designer. It has thousands of free templates so you can start designing with little to no effort.
4. Humanize Your Brand
Adding personality to your brand makes it easier for your audience to connect over ideas they can easily understand. People don’t want to respond to a faceless organization. Instead, they want someone whom they can trust. Another excellent way to humanize your business is by sharing your brand’s story and behind the scenes to show your audience that you’re human.
5. Don’t Just Promote to Sell
Promoting your brand is essential, but you want to make sure that you have another purpose besides selling and earning. Your business is meant to help your customers, whether it’s a product or service you’re offering. This way, you’ll provide value to your customers, and at the same time, earn through your efforts.
6. Make Engaging Posts and Respond to Your Customers
In social media, the way you write your post and caption is the key to boost engagement. The more people who interact with your post by liking, commenting, and sharing, the more your brand awareness will increase. To effectively create engagement, you can host giveaways, run contests, create polls, ask questions, and don’t forget to respond to your customers.
7. Keep Track of Your Social Media Metrics
Your social media metrics are crucial to measuring how well your marketing strategy is performing. By keeping track of your post’s impressions, clicks, shares, referrals, and conversion, you’ll know how to set up your goals to improve your content. Ultimately, keeping track will let you know what activity or ideas you need to add to successfully run your campaigns.
8. Perfect Your Timing
Many marketers say timing is everything when it comes to social media success. Well, it’s true!
In posting to your social platforms, it’s best to consider your audience’s different times and when they usually get more involved. Each social platform has its own high and low traffic times. So, having the perfect timing to execute your post is essential to reach a bigger audience and achieve your marketing goals. To do this, you have to do a lot of research, conduct some experiments, and use a scheduling tool to make your strategy easier. A good place to start is the platform Insights so that you can see when your audience is typically online.
9. Keep Your CTAs Clear
A call to action (CTA) is essential for your social media marketing, website page, and email. Your CTA helps to persuade your audience to take the next step you want them to take. It should usually be located at the end of your content or ad, and it should invite your readers to do something that sparks their interest. Whether it’s to learn more from your website, view a video, buy your products, or enroll in your free course, your CTA should be clear for successful conversion.
10. Invest in Paid Advertising
If you’re not yet using paid social media advertising for your business, you’re missing out on possible customers. Investing in this paid advertising will help you amplify your reach, enhance your targeting, maximize your content marketing, and gather market insights that are crucial in growing and promoting your business online.
11. Use Hashtags Wisely
Hashtags play a significant role in promoting your business on social media. It encourages users to look for specific information from a particular niche in a sea of other content. Adding hashtags for your business varies with each social platform. With proper use, it will increase your engagement, attract more followers, and help strengthen your brand image.
12. Keep an Eye on Your Competitors
Knowing what your competitors are doing on social media will help you build valuable insights and grow inspiration for your marketing strategy. You don’t want to copy them, but it’s best to monitor how you as a brand could modify yourself and stand out from the competition.
13. Be Active and Have Fun!
Being active on social media is the key to your successful business. You don’t want your audience to wait for ages to see what you’re up to. Instead, you want to make a consistent effort in posting to your socials. Suppose you’re having trouble staying active on social media. In that case, there are helpful scheduling tools such as SproutSocial, Hootsuite, and CoSchedule to quickly improve your content planning. Or, you could always hire a professional team, like Salt Rank, to post and monitor your social media platforms. Lastly, have fun and love what you’re doing!